This is a wiki (editable web page) to organise cooking for this weekend’s trip to Hartsop, 14-16th Feb
The bunkouse has an equipped kitchen. All crockery, cutlery and pans are provided.
Click edit at the top to change the text (you’ll need to be logged in to your account on the website first – click here to register if you don’t have one). You can either suggest a meal idea or join one of the existing ones and you’re obviously also welcome to sort yourself out (move your name to Independent). Please remove your name from the Not yet signed-up for meal list too once you’re in a group or have decided to cook alone. The person who suggests the meal is responsible for arranging the ingredients – everyone else in the group should bring money on the trip to pay for their share, and expect to help with the preparation and washing up.
Meal suggestions by Tuesday evening. Finalise groups by Wednesday evening so the person suggesting the meal knows how much they have to buy and has a couple of days to do the shopping.
Meal 1 -
Cooked by Shafiq
- Onion Bhajis with yoghurt raita (v)
- Split lentils with rice and pickle (v) medium spicy
- Ice cream? or open to suggestions
- Andrew W (will he back slightly later on Saturday evening but will help out as much as I can!)
- Ben W - will think of something to bake.
- John C
- Tom R
- Liam N
Meal 2 -
Cooked by Yaron
- Chicken (could do a vege alternative as well if people want, but I don't know how to cater veges so I'll need suggestions)
- Potatoes, roasted until they are so soft and tender that hip hop slow jams will be written about them.
- Sweet potato, crispy on the outside (subject to me not fucking up timings and making them crispy on the inside too)
- Mushrooms, of the non-magical variety
- Broccoli, just trust me on this one
- A light/heavy drizzle/downpour of gravy to top off the roast. Gravy will not be made from scratch so don't set your expectations too high
- By the way I'm not a good cook by any means so if you are, then please join my group so that I have someone else to blame when everything goes wrong
- Will roast people on request
- Maybe I'll buy a tray bake or something low effort because I used up all my creativity trying to come up with a main. Open to suggestions
Maximum number: Let's say 10?
Cost per person: No idea. I would imagine around £4, but I'll confirm once I've bought everything. UPDATE: food cost £19.80 in total
- Paul F
- Oliver Ne
- Sam W
- Hubert X
Meal 3 -
Cooked by * Bill C
- Starter: Garlic Bread
- Main: Spanish Rice & Beans with cabbage, peppers and carrots. (Vegetarian)
Dessert: I don't really do desserts so if anyone wants to step forward and tag team it, please do.
Cost per person: approx £3.50.
- Justine L
Not yet signed-up for meal
- Juliane R
- Hendrik R
- Rachel E
- Kieran P
- Lea D
- Alix R
- Melissa M
- Yuki P