This is a wiki (editable web page) to organise cooking for this weekend’s trip to the Old School House, Boot in Eskdale. The kitchen is fully equipped to cater for 24.
Click edit at the top to change the text (you’ll need to be logged in to your account on the website first – click here to register if you don’t have one). You can either suggest a meal idea or join one of the existing ones and you’re obviously also welcome to sort yourself out (move your name to Independent). Please remove your name from the Not yet signed-up for meal list too once you’re in a group or have decided to cook alone. The person who suggests the meal is responsible for arranging the ingredients – everyone else in the group should bring money on the trip to pay for their share, and expect to help with the preparation and washing up.
Meal suggestions by Tuesday evening. Finalise groups by Wednesday evening so the person suggesting the meal knows how much they have to buy and has a couple of days to do the shopping.
Vegetarian hillwalking fare
- Main: Butternut squash carbonara (n.b. contains eggs and cheese)
- Dessert: Plum Crumble with custard (Oven now confirmed :) )
JO: It might have an oven
- Maximum number: 8
Cost per person: £2.20
- Alex H
- Marie S. - Camilla, let me know (ms2189) if you would like me to do the shopping at the big Tesco when I pick up one of the MPVs from CCVR.
- Fedir K
- Yuze W
- Suhas V
Chicken & chorizo paella
- Main: Chicken & chorizo paella
- Dessert: Supermarket cheesecakes.
- Maximum number: 4/8/12
Cost per person: £2 ~ 3
- Eky F
- Ben H
- Chris H
Pie surprise, with pie for afters
- Main: Some of M&S's - maybe Sainsbury's - finest pies, served with gravy, mash, peas, mushy peas and red cabbage. Nominate your pie of choice below!
Dessert: Apple pie, possibly rhubarb pie, possibly apple and rhubarb pie
Maximum number: 7
- Cost per person: