This is a wiki (editable web page) to organise cooking for the CUHWC Trip to the Low Gillerthwaite Field Centre in Ennerdale on the weekend of 8th-10th June 2012. The kitchen contains 2 gas cookers; one is domestic size with eye-level grill, 4 hobs and 2 small ovens, and one is catering size with 6 hobs and oven. There is also a catering-type gas grill. There is a large fridge and a separate freezer. Apparently most 'standard' cooking pots and utensils are provided.
Click edit at the top to change the text (you'll need to be logged in to your account on the website first - click here to register if you don't have one). You can either suggest a meal idea or join one of the existing ones and you're obviously also welcome to sort yourself out (move your name to 'Independent'). Please remove your name from the section at the bottom once you're in a group or have decided to cook alone. The person who suggests the meal is responsible for arranging the ingredients - everyone else in the group should bring money on the trip to pay for their share, and expect to help with the meal preparation and washing up.
Meal suggestions by Tuesday evening. Finalise groups by Wednesday night so the person suggesting the meal knows how much they have to buy and has a couple of days to do the shopping.
Vegetarian paella and Summer pudding
Maximum 10 people
- garlic bread
- bean and vegetable paella (can it be quite spicy?)
- Summer pudding - with ice-cream!
- Tom A
- Valerie A
- Greg (Could provide wine, probably red)
- Jacob A
- Tom D
Hiker's soup, pizza and banana-bread
Maximum number of people: 10
- Hiker's soup (veggie broth, soup noodles, Frankfurters^)
- Pizza (Topping: Tomatoes, Oregano, Mature cheddar, Turkey ham^, Salami^, Tuna^, Olives^)
- Banana bread (also contains egg and walnuts) and toffee sauce
^optional, please indicate preferences :)
- Andrew - I'll take all the meat, fish & olives you suggest
- Lucy - I'd love salami!
- James R
- Philip W - preferably no fish, but I'm not fussy (just tasted the ginger beer and it isn't ready yet, so I can't bring it, sorry)
- Gareth Ainsworth
- Matt H - yes please would you like me to bring anything? (I bought everything, no worries we are covered [C])
Vegetarian Fajitas and Lemon Meringue Pie
Maximum 10 people
- Very open to suggestions for the starter...
- Chickpeas (and other standard ingredients) Fajitas
- Lemon Meringue Pie
- Doug - Yep Vicky that sounds great, thanks!
- Vicky W (i could make sweetpotato&sweetcorn soup if a starter is wanted?
- Dave M
- Eleri (And Vicky, that soup sounds delicious)
Salad Forest with garlic bread and possible bacon.
Spaghetti with Bolognese sauce and Mountains of cheese
Chocolate mousse Desert
(Bring your own River of wine)
- Dave F
- Kerrie TJ
- Simon Williams
- Kate Humphris
- Michael Fordham
- Alex Pericleous
- Satinder Gill (with DJ Strouse and Daniel Bachhuber)
Not yet signed-up for a meal
- Peter Kirkwood