This is a wiki (editable web page) to organise cooking for the CUHWC Trip to the Torrent bunk Barn in Snowdonia on the weekend of 1st -3rd March 2013. The kitchen has fridges, ovens, and microwave oven AND A BBQ (please contact TomLeach (email@example.com) to arrange for charcoal). All crockery, cutlery and pans are provided.
Click edit at the top to change the text (you'll need to be logged in to your account on the website first - click here to register if you don't have one). You can either suggest a meal idea or join one of the existing ones and you're obviously also welcome to sort yourself out (move your name to 'Independent'). Please remove your name from the section at the bottom once you're in a group or have decided to cook alone. The person who suggests the meal is responsible for arranging the ingredients - everyone else in the group should bring money on the trip to pay for their share, and expect to help with the meal preparation and washing up.
Meal suggestions by Tuesday evening. Finalise groups by Wednesday night so the person suggesting the meal knows how much they have to buy and has a couple of days to do the shopping.
Soup, Stir Fry and Super Sensational Sexy Fondue
- Starter: Butternut Squash with some veggie crisp toppings
- Main: Vegetable Stir Fry, with egg fried rice, sweet and sour sauce and spring rolls
- Dessert: Chocolate Fondue with Marshmallow, a variety of fruits (incl. Pineapple) and whatever else you can suggest to dip!
Maximum number of people:10
- Laura (and a vote for Butternut Squash!)
- Aileen (Butternut squash soup please!)
- Tom Leach
- I have no problem with an additional person — the more the merrier — Vicky
For the love of food
Starter and main courtesy of acclaimed Irish chef Denis Cotter, Rhubarb crumble by James Martin
- Starter: Chickpeas with chilis, tomatoes and cumin
- Main: Potato, squash and leek gratin baked with cheese, cream and herbs
- Dessert: Rhubarb crumble
Maximum number of people:8
- Tom A
That's a wrap
Because everything tastes better when it's wrapped in something else. Please let me know if you want Vegetable or Chicken Fajitas (or if you're not fussed)
- Starter: Vegetable Spring Rolls with sweet chilli sauce
- Main: Chicken/Vegetable Fajitas
- Dessert: Pancakes, with sugar, lemon, jam and chocolate spread for toppings
Maximum Number of People: 6
- Tuomo (eats chicken)
- Chris (will eat anything)
- Shane Li(chicken chicken chicken, please)
- Chantelle (