This is a wiki (editable web page) to organise cooking for the CUHWC Trip to the Cefn Goch Hut in Deiniolen on the weekend of 18th-20th May 2012. The hut has a fully-fitted kitchen with electric hobs, oven, microwave, fridge, kettle, cutlery, crockery and cooking utensils. The club will supply cooking oil.
Click edit at the top to change the text (you'll need to be logged in to your account on the website first - click here to register if you don't have one). You can either suggest a meal idea or join one of the existing ones and you're obviously also welcome to sort yourself out (move your name to 'Independent'). Please remove your name from the section at the bottom once you're in a group or have decided to cook alone. The person who suggests the meal is responsible for arranging the ingredients - everyone else in the group should bring money on the trip to pay for their share, and expect to help with the meal preparation and washing up.
Meal suggestions by Tuesday evening. Finalise groups by Wednesday night so the person suggesting the meal knows how much they have to buy and has a couple of days to do the shopping.
The sort of mexican one
As many people as fancy it really
- Nachos + salsa + dips (if people are keen)
- Multiple bean burrito bake (veggie not vegan)
- Any suggestions of mexican desserts?-If not sticky toffee pudding + custard!
- Tom A (keen on nachos and sticky toffee pudding!)
- Mark (STP is my no. 1 favourite dish, yes please :-))
- Joe (H?)
- Tom D
Maximum number of people: 6, unless someone else volunteers to do a second curry
- Poppadoms, mango chutney and raita
- Chicken balti with rice and naan
- Profiteroles a la Peter, Andrew and Constanze
- Jo - keen on profiteroles as long as I'm not in charge of them; the last time I saw them attempted was by Dave F on my first club trip - I'd quite like to see them done successfully...
- Andrew - profiteroles? Peter can (occasionally - PK) do especially good ones if he joins this meal group.
- Peter - I presume your joining the group means you'd be happy to help do profiteroles? If so, epic. (And assuming other people are keen.) [AW]
- Constanze (keen to help with the profiteroles and can bring a 'baking syringe'? - Yes please [PK])
Not yet signed-up for a meal
- Paul Cook
- Gareth Ainsworth
- Artur Fernandes