This is a wiki (editable web page) to organise cooking for this weekend’s trip to the Mounthooly hostel in the Cheviot Hills.
The kitchen has a fridge, a freezer and an oven/hob. All crockery, cutlery and pans are provided.
Click edit at the top to change the text (you’ll need to be logged in to your account on the website first – click here to register if you don’t have one). You can either suggest a meal idea or join one of the existing ones and you’re obviously also welcome to sort yourself out (move your name to Independent). Please remove your name from the Not yet signed-up for meal list too once you’re in a group or have decided to cook alone. The person who suggests the meal is responsible for arranging the ingredients – everyone else in the group should bring money on the trip to pay for their share, and expect to help with the preparation and washing up.
Meal suggestions by Tuesday evening. Finalise groups by Wednesday evening so the person suggesting the meal knows how much they have to buy and has a couple of days to do the shopping.
- Starter: Jalapeño poppers (peppers stuffed w/ cream cheese and topped with bacon). Maybe make them half half bacon wise, we are the only veggie friendly meal;) -Sebastian (Good with me, I'll plan on it. -K)
- Main: Potato pancake with fresh cooked apple sauce, sour cream and maybe syrup.
Dessert: Rice pudding with cinnamon
Maximum number: 8
Cost per person: 2-3 £
- Kenny M.
- Paul C (prefer veg option ie leave off bacon)
- Marie S.
- Dylan M.
- Elaheh M
- Starter: Grilled portabello mushrooms with halloumi cheese
- Main: Roast chicken with soy sauce, honey and garlic, with roast sweet potatoes and carrots and boiled green beans
Dessert: Baked apples filled with almonds, sultanas and melted dark chocolate
Maximum number: 16
Cost per person: £3
- Johanna F.
- Marton G.
- Petr M.
- Anabel M.
- Chris H
- Kaitlynn S.
- Callan Howard
- Starter: Winter vegetable soup
- Main: Alnwick stew (gammon, onion, potatoes) served with stotties (bread from Greggs in Newcastle)
Dessert: Sticky toffee pudding
Maximum number: 8
- Cost per person: